In 1946 brothers Jimmy, Pete, and Bill Anderson opened The Andersons Restaurant in Downtown Charlotte, North Carolina.  Its original location was situated between Presbyterian Hospital and the former, Central High School (today’s CPCC).  Andersons Restaurant was known for its traditional southern breakfast, golden fried chicken, the Hot Dorsey Sandwich (named after furniture mogul, James Dorsey) and of course “The World’s BEST Pecan Pie.”